• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.
Send an Enquiry:
To send an enquiry for Water Safety Hints,
please fill out the form below.
Thankyou for contacting
Water Safety Hints.
A representative will be in touch with you soon.
Disclaimer: Water Safety Hints, staff and agents have made every endeavour to ensure that details appearing on this website are correct at the time of publication, but accept no responsibility for any inaccuracy of misdescription, whether by inclusion or omission, nor does the owners of the CoastalStays group of websites accept any responsibility for subsequent changes in details or services shown.
Across Footbridge Lakes Entrance VIC 3909 "Holiday Fun For All Ages"
Paddleboats. Aquabikes. Catamarans. Canoes.
Paddleskis. Cruise Chair.
Body Boards for the Beach ID is required
Family Paddle Boat - Up to 5 Persons (4 adults 1 small child)
Cunningham Quay 340 Esplanade Lakes Entrance VIC 3909 Scenic Eco Nature Based Gippsland Lakes Cruise with Expert Commentary
On Board the Historic "Lonsdale"
Selection Of Cruises Available.
The Lonsdale is also Available for Private Functions.
Cruises depart from Cunningham Quay on the Esplanade (weather permitting)
Post Office Jetty on the Esplanade Lakes Entrance VIC 3909 2 hour family cruise of the Gippsland Lakes aboard the 20 metre Thunderbird a 190 seat catamaran - a memorable Lakes Entrance experience.
Not to be Missed: The Stormbird 4 hour Cruise which includes lunch at the Metung Hotel.
Cruises depart from Post Office Jetty on the Esplanade.
The Peel family have been sailing the Gippsland Lakes for over 85 years.
Metung Cruise departs 11am daily (weather permitting)