|• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards|
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.
|Montreal Goldfield, Bermagui|
|Bermagui Visitor Information Centre VIC|
7kms north of Bermagui you will discover a story of gold, unsolved mystery and intrigue.
Montreal Goldfield was the site of a gold rush in the truest sense of the word between 1880 and 1883.
In October 1880 on a visit to the Montreal Goldfield, Government Surveyor Lamont Yound and four companions vanished at sea in what was to become one of the nations most baffling mysteries. No trace of the men was ever found although their boat was discovered just north of Bermagui at a location now known as ‘Mystery Bay’
The tour through the Montreal Goldfield site is a great experience not found anywhere else in Australia.
Admission is by guided tour only. For information and bookings Tours leave site at 2pm daily $5 p/p duration 1 hour 15 minutes. Don't miss it!
|821 Bermagui Road, Cobargo NSW 2550|
Extensive range of products including Lavender Body Oils, Creams, Essential Oils, Heat Packs. Memorabilia.
Open 7-5pm weekdays.
|Bermagui Surfing and Swimming|
|Surfers have many choices including Beares Beach, Moreheads Beach, Haywards Beach and Cuttagee Beach to catch a wave. The Blue Pool is a large saltwater pool which offers a different swimming experience and is a natural attraction not to be missed.|
|Bermagui Diving and Snorkelling|
|Bermagui Information Centre Bermagui NSW 2546|
Diving boat tours operate from Bermagui to view sponges and gorgonian fans. Shore divers are also rewarded with sightings of spectacular gorgonian life.
|Ocean Wilderness Sea Kayaking|
Ocean Wilderness Sea Kayaking has been welcoming guests to the Sapphire Coast since 2006. Our guides are the resident experts on the water and all have Australian Canoeing Certification. We provide tailor made guided tours on the Far South Coast of NSW to suit all ages and experience levels. Ocean Wilderness Sea Kayaking is a member of the Outdoor Recreation Industry Council.