|Visitor Information Centre|
|Merri Street Warrnambool VIC|
Open daily 9-5
|Saltmarsh Studio Gallery Café|
|49 McDonald Street South Warrnambool VIC|
Watch art come alive. Working hot glass
|Warrnambool Racing Club Inc|
|Approximately 15 meetings are conducted throughout the year. The highlight of which is the 3 Day May Racing Carnival featuring the world renowned Grand Annual Steeplechase.|
The city stops over the carnival (so to speak) so if you think you may attend this meet then be sure to book accommodation well in advance or you might be sleeping in your car.
Call for Information on race dates
|Events Calendar : February|
|Surf Life Saving Club Memorial Swim|
Sungold Field Days
Victorian Eight Ball Country Club
More Info from Information Centre
|• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards|
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.
|Meeniyan Motel - Free Wi-Fi|
|119 - 129 Whitelaw Street Meeniyan VIC 3956|
We offer old fashioned country hospitality in the heart of South Gippsland. Breakfast to rooms, spacious grounds, salt water Pool, BBQs, all Rooms air conditioned. Central to all Prom Country attractions. Ideal for families, couples and singles. All shops within walking distances. Hotel next door, supermarket open 7 days, pizza shop, cafe's and restaurant. Rail Trail across the road.
|Historic Grave - approximately 5 kilometers east of Wye River, is a memorial to several seamen who drowned trying to salvage the cargo from the ill fated W. B. Godfrey which was wrecked there in 1891.|
The story of the Godfrey is on the display board in front of the lookout just past the grave.
Error performing query.