|242 Thompson Ave (opposite RSL) VIC|
Contemporary paintings, drawings, photography. Jewellery and special gifts. Sculpture and ceramics
|Newhaven Information Centre|
|895 Phillip Island Road Newhaven VIC 3925|
Book your Accommodation and Island Attractions.
Maps, Books, Informatiion.
|Island Summer Carnival Phillip Island|
|Cnr Thompson Avenue and Ventnor Road Cowes VIC 3922|
Every year from the 26th December to the 26th January Amusement Services Australia operates the Island Summer Carnival at Cowes.
All the big rides are here including the: Spaceroller, Starship, Kamikaze & Midnight Madness!
We also have a brilliant selection of Fairground and Activity Games and we always invite 3rd party attractions such as: Animals on the Move, Snake Handlers, The Mini FX Team, & for the grand finale, Australia Day Fireworks.
| Phillip Island VIC 3922|
A Drive Through Phillip Island History:
A drive around the Bass Coast area is far more than a scenic trip through some of the most breathtaking coastal and hill country in Australia...its a trip back into the very earliest beginnings of the state of Victoria. And it is a trip any Melbourne motorist can complete in a day.
|- Farmer’s Market Churchill Island every 4th Saturday of the month 8am to 1pm|
- Trash & Treasure Settlement Road Cowes every Sunday 8am to 1pm
- Art & Craft Market 3rd Saturday of the month St John’s Anglican Church Thompson Avenue
- Cowes Night Market in summer on the foreshore
Further information contact Information Centre on 1300 366 422
|91-97 Thompson Avenue Cowes VIC 3922|
Located in the Cultural Centre main street of Cowes. Friendly staff will help with any enquiries you may have.
| San Remo VIC|
The Woolamai Picnic Races always attract a large crowd over the summer months - take a picnic lunch and enjoy great day out for all the family.
Information 03 5678 2344
|Phillip Island is famous for its adrenalin pumping international motorcycle and car racing events.|
Motorbike enthusiasts from around the world converge on Phillip Island twice a year to see the big bikes in action at the Superbike World Championship and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
For car racing enthusiasts, enjoy the non-stop action of the V8 Supercars, Island Magic, Historic Car and other racing events.
Farmers Markets are held monthly on Churchill Island.
Woolamai Picnic Races are run regularly from November to February each year.
| Port Campbell VIC 3269|
The west coast of Victoria once inspired fear, sailors spoke of wild seas and dangerous rocks, of reefs which lay beneath the surface of the water, of steep cliffs and heavy mists. Many ships had narrow escapes in this stretch of water, many were not so fortunate.
The area between Cape Otway and Port Fairy claimed over 80 ships in 40 years: ships which had traveled safely across half the world, to find disaster only miles from their destination.
|• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards|
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.