|• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards|
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.