Search by Activity Type:
Lorne Activities & Attractions
There is much to see and do around Lorne. Visit stunning lookouts and waterfalls, explore one of Victoria's natural treasures The Great Otway National Park which covers 103,000 hectares and combines what was the Otway National Park, Angahook-Lorne State Park, Carlisle State Park, Melba Gully State Park and State Forest areas. Marvel at magnificent fern gullies which surround huge trees, some many hundreds of years old including the prehistoric Giant Southern Beech tree (Nothofagus). The park outside Lorne has 50 kilometres of sign posted walking tracks.
Activities & Attractions
The story of the Godfrey is on the display board in front of the lookout just past the grave.
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.
General Information on Lorne and Surrounds.
Free Maps & Visitor Guides.
Located on the Foreshore Lorne Sea Baths prides itself on its range of top quality facilities, all tailored for your fitness and personal health needs and with the aim of assisting you in your quest for complete wellbeing. Facilities include: Gym with personal training, Hydrobaths, steam room, yoga, outdoor swimming pool, toddlers pool and fun and fitness activities for the children.
Lorne Salt Theraphy opening in March 2013
There is always something going on. Learn to Surf with Go Ride a Wave everything is supplied. Trampolines are great fun as is the mini golf, swimming pool and skate park. For further details contact the Information Centre.