|Pelican Feeding Daily at Noon San Remo|
|Marine Parade San Remo VIC 3925|
No Admittance Charge
Every day up to thirty local Pelicans arrive for their daily serve of fish, provided by San Remo Fishermans Co-op. This entertaining and close up natural experience is well worth the time - the kids will love it!
Afterwards try the Fish n Chips from the Co-op cafe
|Rip Curl Phillip Island & Islantis Surf Experience|
|Phillip Island Road Newhaven VIC 3925|
Experience The Islantis Surf Experience just over the bridge at Newhaven Phillip Island
Discover surfing in an unique and immersive way.
Shop the latest fashions next door at Rip Curl Phillip Island.
Kit up with the best Surfboards, Wet Suits, Accessories - buy or hire.
Take a happy snap in the Big Wave or Combi Van in the car park. Be immersed in a wraparound surfing movie.
The Big Wave Cafe and The Island Accommodation are all in the same complex
| San Remo VIC|
1. Penguin Parade-Point Grant Carpark (Nobbies). A 1hr walk from the Penguin Parade to the carpark at Point Grant. South west along unsealed road. Spectacular coastal views. (Bicycles).
2. Ventnor Beach Walk-30 minute walk along the beach. Access gained from Esplanade off Grossard Point Road. Coastal views of Phillip Island and Mornington Peninsula. Good swimming beach.
3. Bush to Bay-From the Koala Conservation Centre to Ryhll.
Combines Oswin Roberts Reserve walking track and Conservation Hill & Rhyll Inlet tracks. Approx 7 kilometres one way. By using other carparks can be shortened. Suitable for bicycles.
4. Conservation Hill & Rhyll Inlet - Rhyll Inlet is world renowned habitat for migratory waders. Walking tracks allow for good bird observing opportunities. Also suitable for bicycles.
Black Loop-Starts at Conservation Hill, along mangrove boardwalk continuing along Rhyll Inlet to Rhyll approx 90 minutes return.
Blue Loop-Starts at Conservation Hill, along mangrove boardwalk to Rhyll Inlet lookout. Approx 1 hr return.
Green Loop-Mangrove boardwalk return track.
Approx 30 minutes return.
5. Oswin Roberts Reserve-The last remaining remnant bushland on Phillip Island. The walking tracks allow for wildlife observing and are also suitable for bicycles.
Black Loop-Starts at carpark situated off Harbison Rd. Approx 4.5 klms 2 hrs return.
Blue Loop-Starts at carpark situated off Harbison Rd. Approx 2.5 klms 1 hr return
Green Loop-Starts at carpark situated off Harbison Rd. Approx 1.1 klms 30 minutes return.
6. Churchill Island-Small island wih historic buildings, lovely gardens and walking tracks. 5km walk around the island approx 2 hrs. There is also a smaller walk, the North Point Loop which is 2 klms approx 1 hr. Tracks are suitable for bicycles.
Please Note: Admission charge to Churchill Island.
7. Woolamai Safety Beach-1hr walk back towards the bridge. Views to San Remo Jetty. Beach access from Cottesloe Ave in Cape Woolamai. Map U16
8. Cape Woolamai-The highest point on Phillip Island (spectacular views) and the largest shearwater rookery. Between Oct-April this area is home to thousands of shearwaters. All walks start from the information shelter at the carpark, then follow the beach to the left for approx 1 kilometre.
Pinnacle walk (green markers) Approx 4 klms estimated 2 hrs return.
Old Granite Quarry Walk (blue markers) Approx 6klms estimated 3 hour return.
Cape Woolamai Beacon Walk (black markers) Approx 6.6 klms estimated 3 hrs 30 minutes return.
Cape Woolamai Circuit-Comination of all three walking tracks Approx
8 kilometres - 4 hours
9. Cape Woolamai Surf Beach to Colonnades-
Natural attraction featuring columns of basalt best seen at low tide.
10. Forest Caves-Sea caves formed by erosion located just before Surf Beach Estate, left off main Phillip Island Tourist Rd. Walk up the stairs from the carpark onto the beach, then turn left. The caves are only accessible at low tide. Approx 45 minutes return you pass by large sand dunes which are home to thousands of shearwaters Oct-April.
11. Kitty Miller Bay-1 hr walk from Kitty Miller Bay carpark to the east along the beach. This will take you to the site of the wreck of the ‘Speke’. The years have taken their toll leaving but a few remnants. This walk is best carried out at low tide.
12. Pyramid Rock to Berrys Beach-Walk to Berrys beach along gently undulating clifftop track. Enjoy views of Phillip Island’s southern coastline including Point Grant and the Nobbies. Start the walk at either Pyramid Rock carpark (to access the track you will need to walk from the carpark back to Glamis Rd then follow Glamis Rd until you see the start of the track on your right). Approx 2.5 klms 1 hr one way.
13. Swan Lake Trail- Enjoy the tranquility at the only permanent freshwater lake on Phillip Island. Walk to 2 viewing hides for great birdwatching. The easy walk is approx 1.3 klms in length and takes approx 40 minutes return. The trail starts from the carpark on Ventnor Road, 400 mts south of Back Beach Rd (near the Penguin Parade).
|Western Port Ferries French Island Cruise|
|1 Crib Point Road Crib Point VIC 3919|
Cruises Departs from Cowes Jetty
French Island is a 15 minute fast catamaran ride from Cowes across Western Port Bay. Close to Phillip Island and the Mornington Peninsula, yet in many ways worlds apart, it is still a mystery to many who know little, if anything, about this Western Port Island.
|Aussie Golf Ranch 9 Hole - Phillip Island|
|627a Settlement Road Cowes VIC 3922|
Australia's Finest Short Game Facility Located On A Private Beach. Championship Par 3 Golf Course.
2 Club Pitch and Putt Course. Extensive Practice Greens.
Studio Style Accommodation.
|• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards|
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.
|Click on the "More Information" link below to view the Natural Attractions Tour Map.|
|Rhyll near Western Port Rent-a-Boat Beach Street (all tides)|
Anderson Road in Cowes West off Church Street
There is also a boat ramp at Newhaven.
Remember you need a license to Western Port Bay fish and check on bag limits and minimum size of different species
|Remember, whether you are freshwater, estuary or saltwater fishing you need to have a current licence obtainable from most good fishing outlets|
|Good fishing for the kids and adults off the island jetties at Cowes, Rhyll, Newhaven and San Remo at any time of the day but best a few hours either side of the tide.|