|• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards|
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.
|Naturaliste Guided Tours of French Island|
|French Island Vic VIC|
Naturaliste Tours run small, guided tours of French Island, a hidden treasure of natural wilderness, sandy coastlines and abundant wildlife.
Our tours, led by experienced guides, will let you discover the history and natural beauty of this unique island.
|Aussie Golf Ranch 9 Hole - Phillip Island|
|627a Settlement Road Cowes VIC 3922|
Australia's Finest Short Game Facility Located On A Private Beach. Championship Par 3 Golf Course.
2 Club Pitch and Putt Course. Extensive Practice Greens.
Studio Style Accommodation.
|Western Port Ferries French Island Cruise|
|1 Crib Point Road Crib Point VIC 3919|
Cruises Departs from Cowes Jetty
French Island is a 15 minute fast catamaran ride from Cowes across Western Port Bay. Close to Phillip Island and the Mornington Peninsula, yet in many ways worlds apart, it is still a mystery to many who know little, if anything, about this Western Port Island.
|Click on the "More Information" link below to view the Natural Attractions Tour Map.|
You may also like to consider the following which may be located nearby:
|25 Veterans Drive Newhaven VIC 3922|
Open Daily from 10am.
A vast display of weaponry and exhibits depicting the period of Australia’s longest war .
Experience Australia's best hologram type exhibit. See fully equipped Cobra Helicopter and over 20,000 memorabilla items.
Café on site. Light Meals Great Coffee.
|930 Phillip Island Road Newhaven VIC 3925|
"1 kilometre from main Phillip Island Bridge"
Viewing windows allow you to observe the manufacturing of the highest quality hand made chocolates.
Samples/Sales Boxed Chocolates/Truffles/ Cream Bars
Open 7 days Cafe on site for meals, coffee etc
|The Rotunda Jetty Carpark Cowes VIC 3922|
* Seal Watching Cruise drift amongst a colony of up to 5000 fur seals at Seal Rocks. * Twilight Bay Cruise * Cape Woolamai Cruise * Winter Whale Watching Cruise * Wilsons Prom Day Cruise. Groups or Function Charters. * Please Check Off Season Hours
|There are 26 numbered beaches around Phillip Island. (see main map) The numbers represent the location. In an Emergency Ring 000 and quote beach number|
Due to the variable and at times unsafe conditions of south coast beaches, visitors are urged to swim between the flags at patrolled beaches.
Visitors are also encouraged to talk to the surf lifesavers about the location of beaches appropriate to their level of competency.
Contact Woolamai Beach Surf Lifesaving Club on 03 5956 7311 for up to date patrol times. and details about summer programs
Scenic beach front picnic spots and free electric bbq’s are at Mussel Rock and Erewhon Point and Red Rocks. Public toilets are on the esplanade at the end of Thompson Avenue