• Swim or surf only at beaches patrolled by lifeguards
• Always swim between the flags marking the area safer for swimming.
• Read and obey the signs
• Be careful where you dive – accidents often result from diving into shallow waters.
• Be aware of slippery banks and rocks when fishing
• Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Always swim under supervision
• If you get into trouble in the water, stay calm. Signal for help, then float and wait for assistance
• Float with a current or undertow. Don’t try to swim against it.
• When out on the water always wear the correct safety equipment.
Send an Enquiry:
To send an enquiry for Water Safety Hints,
please fill out the form below.
Thankyou for contacting
Water Safety Hints.
A representative will be in touch with you soon.
Disclaimer: Water Safety Hints, staff and agents have made every endeavour to ensure that details appearing on this website are correct at the time of publication, but accept no responsibility for any inaccuracy of misdescription, whether by inclusion or omission, nor does the owners of the CoastalStays group of websites accept any responsibility for subsequent changes in details or services shown.
A very popular stop-over for visitors to the Great Ocean Road is the Memorial Arch a few kilometers from Aireys Inlet and just past Fairhaven.
The Arch commemorates the construction of the road and symbolizes the sacrifice made by so many in the First World War. It stands astride the largest enduring war memorial in the world, “The Great Ocean Road”, a living memorial to our forefathers.
Historic Grave - approximately 5 kilometers east of Wye River, is a memorial to several seamen who drowned trying to salvage the cargo from the ill fated W. B. Godfrey which was wrecked there in 1891.
The story of the Godfrey is on the display board in front of the lookout just past the grave.
Building 2 Apollo Bay Airport 3 Telford Street Apollo Bay VIC 3233 From Apollo Bay passengers have a choice of flights and packages designed to enable you to maximize the time you have available to explore Victoria’s greatest coastal landmarks by air.
Experience the Great Ocean Road via the historical Shipwreck Coast to the 12 Apostles in our modern high wing aircraft (flight route follows The Great Ocean Walk). Return to Apollo Bay in time for lunch before a leisurely trip back home via the verdant Otway National Park.